Using argan oil for skin offers amazing healing, protective and nourishing benefits. It is rich in nutrients with beneficial properties for both hair and skin. Below is more on how to use argan oil for skin, face and hair.
Argan Oil for Skin
- Argan Oil for Skin
- Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
- Benefits of Argan Oil for Different Skin Types
- How to Use Argan Oil for Face
- Where to Buy Argan Oil
- Side Effects of Using Argan Oil for Skin
What is Argan Oil made out of? Argan oil is native to the Argan forest in Morocco. It is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree. Also known as the liquid gold, Moroccans use it for culinary and cosmetic purposes. It is used traditionally to cure a number of skin ailments such as acne.
It is cold pressed and specially extracted to make sure that you end up with a high quality end product.
Over time, argan oil has grown increasingly popular in beauty and cosmetics all over the world. There is an increased number of products in the market that contain argan oil as the main ingredient.
Argan oil is rich in vitamin antioxidants and Linoleic acid that help calm irritation. It helps to repair and replenish skin cells thus reversing the effects of premature aging.
It is also packed with vitamin E and essential fatty acids that deeply moisturize the skin.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
Properties of argan oil are what make it particularly beneficial for the skin and hair. It is popular cosmetic choice for A-list celebrities. While this oil is quite costly, anyone can reap the benefits because all you need is just a drop. Make it an addition to your beauty regimen. Here is more on common benefits of Argan Oil for Skin;
Argan oil is light and quickly absorbs into the skin. It does not cause greasiness or leave any residue. This makes it perfect for use as a nighttime moisturizer. Apply it on your face and neck not forgetting dry skin under the eyes.
Argan Oil for Skin Lightening
Dark spots on the skin are commonly due to acne, dry skin and accumulation of impurities. These over time and with exposure to UV rays cause hyperpigmentation of the skin. Use argan oil to regularly massage and exfoliate your skin for even skin tone.
Regular exfoliation of the skin helps to get rid of dark spots, remove impurities and stimulate regeneration of new skin cells.
How to use Argan Oil for Skin Whitening
- Cleanse your skin with mild soap and warm water
- Make a paste using a tablespoon of gram flour and a few drops of argan oil
- Use this paste to gently massage your skin in circular motions for about 5 minutes
- Pay attention to problematic areas
- Rinse and pat dry
- Do not forget to moisturize preferably with argan oil just before going to bed
Argan oil will penetrate deep into the layers of skin to improve skin tone and texture. This is not a magic remedy to fade dark spots. DO NOT expect overnight results. Use it regularly, at least three times a week for best results.
You can also use this remedy to get rid of dark neck, elbows and knees.
Argan Oil Anti-aging
Moroccan oil is an excellent remedy for aging skin. The anti-oxidant properties of argan oil prevent oxidative damage from UV rays and environmental pollutants. It is rich in linoleic acid and Tocopherols which fight off free radicals and aids in skin tightening. This improves elasticity by maintaining a firm skin.
Argan oil targets the symptoms of premature aging such as wrinkles, age spots and fine lines.
Argan Oil for Skin Rashes
Linoleic acid present in argan oil reduces inflammation. It helps with inflammatory skin conditions such as skin rash, eczema and bug bites.
Argan Oil for Stretch Marks
Looking for how to get rid of stretch marks? Argan oil is one of the most promising natural remedies to remove stretch marks effectively. Stretch marks are common during and after pregnancy. After rapid weight transformations in puberty and when body building.
Argan oil offers preventive and curative benefits against stretch marks.
Note that, it is easier to eliminate stretch marks rather than eliminate them. Regularly massage your skin with argan oil to prevent formation of stretch marks.
Argan Oil for Acne
Since argan oil regulates the production of sebum which causes acne, It can help to reduce more breakouts. Too much sebum traps skin cells and bacteria which cause acne.
Clogged pores make acne worse. Argan oil does not clog skin pores.
The presence of vitamin E helps to remove dead skin cells and encourages regeneration of new ones.
- To soften dry feet and heels
- Razor bumps and burns
- Nail treatment, cuticle softener
Benefits of Argan Oil for Different Skin Types
What’s best about Moroccan argan oil is the fact that it can be used for all skin types. It is generally safe and can be used for a variety of benefits.
Argan oil is 100% natural making it great for sensitive skin types and those that are prone to acne. The healing properties of argan oil are credited to anti-inflammatory agents such as vitamin E.
It can help with problems such as skin rash, psoriasis, rosacea and eczema that are commonly associated with sensitive skin types.
If you are using products with argan oil for the first time, do a test on the back of your palm to make sure you are not allergic.
- Argan oil is deeply moisturizing. It is hydrates and nourishes the skin to maintain a youthful skin.
- Dry skin is not able to produce sufficient sebum to keep the skin moist. Argan oil balances the production of sebum.
- It also stimulates the skin’s ability to retain the much needed moisture.
- Argan oil is hydrating and nourishing thus maintaining a youthful skin. Use it to moisturize and soften flaky dry skin.
Argan oil is not greasy. It easily absorbs into the skin making it excellent for those with oily skin types.
Acne Prone Skin
The skin may produce excess sebum to compensate for lack of moisture. This causes greasiness and breakouts of acne. Argan oil moisturizes the skin reducing the production of sebum hence creating a balance.
Balancing of secretion of skin oils works as well for those with combination skin types.
How to Use Argan Oil for Face
- To exfoliate
- A toner
- As a moisturizer
- Lip conditioner
- For acne and acne scars
- To get rid of discoloration and pigmentation
- As a make-up remover
- Firm skin to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines
- Around Eyes to moisturize, tone and get rid of dark eye circles
- Use it as a natural Make up remover
How to use Argan Oil for Face
- Heat argan oil until warm (should be pure argan oil)
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and warm water. This helps to dampen the face and open up skin pores. The benefits of argan oil are maximized when applied to damp skin.
- Take a few drops of the warm argan oil and apply it on your face using circular motions.
- Use moderate pressure to massage areas with sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles such as the forehead and cheeks.
- Allow it a few minutes to absorb then continue to apply your make up.
Where to Buy Argan Oil
It is very important to make sure you buy pure, high quality argan oil. This ensures you only use safe products on your skin. Some chemicals in form of additives and fragrances may exercerbate some of the skin problems. Some companies replace or add low quality ingredients which are way below what you expect of argan oil.
When buying argan oil, look for products that are clearly stated 100% argan oil. It should be cold pressed and free of additives.
Note that, pure argan oil is quite costly. It is surely worth the number of overrated night moisturizers, eye creams and lotions.
Low quality argan oil is not beneficial for your skin as it contains a low concentration of essential nutrients.
Side Effects of Using Argan Oil for Skin
Argan oil is natural, mild and safe to use on the skin and hair. There is only one known case of severe allergy.
Argan oil is generally safe for use on all skin types. People who develop allergies should discontinue its use immediately.
Should be used with caution in people with nut allergies. Do a patch test to confirm.
Things to Note
- Argan oil does not have SPF… DO NOT use it to replace your sunscreen.
- Oil should be stored in a dark colored bottle away from the sun.
- Note that the antioxidant benefits of argan oil prevent aging.