We all crave for a beautiful, clear and glowing skin. For some of us it is the underlining element of one’s personal beauty. Clear and healthy skin is essential in boosting one’s confidence. Here is more on effective home remedies for clear skin.
Home Remedies for Clear Skin
- Home Remedies for Clear Skin
- Lemon for Clear Skin Complexion
- How to get Clear Skin with Honey
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brighten your Skin Complexion with Papaya mask
- Baking soda
- Use Aloe Vera to get Clear Skin Overnight
- Green tea
- Apply Cucumber to get Clear Skin Naturally
- Coconut oil
- Use Mint to get Clear Skin for Men
- How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
- Safety Precautions When Using Home Remedies
Our personal skin care program and lifestyle practices are the major parameters of the skin health. Certain primary predictors that affect the texture and quality of the skin include alcohol, tobacco smoking, stress, over exposure to sun rays, pollution, and poor nutritional practices.
Lemon for Clear Skin Complexion
It works as a natural and powerful ingredient that can be used to promote a clear and even skin look. Lemon contains citric acid which aids in removing dead cells. It also contains a high content of vitamin C that boosts cell renewal process this is helpful in eliminating and completely lessening the appearance of dark spots.
The bleaching property contained in lemon oil works best in lightening the black scars caused by acne and pimples.
How to apply lemon for a clear skin
- Squeeze a fresh lemon into a container.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the juice on the skin gently.
- Leave the juice on the skin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse of with water.
Turmeric is considered an exceptional skin whitening and an antiseptic agent which aids in lessening the appearance of scars, acne, age spots and wrinkles on the skin.
Additionally, using turmeric for skin care can help in alleviating inflammatory, allergies and infectious skin ailments which make the skin appear lifeless and dull. It also stimulates the production of collagen which makes the skin glow.
How to apply turmeric for a clear skin?
- Add one tablespoon of turmeric powder to an empty container.
- Then add one tablespoon of gram flour.
- Add milk or water and mix to form a paste.
- Gently apply the paste evenly on the skin and massage in circular motions.
- Let it dry and rinse with water.
Adding gram flour to this home remedy is useful in cleansing the skin for a clear and bright appearance.
How to get Clear Skin with Honey
For a clear, beautiful and radiant skin, it should be well moisturized. Honey is a tremendous skin moisturizer and antibacterial agent that aids in eliminating infection on the skin.
- You can apply raw honey on the skin directly then leave it dry and wash off with water.
- Honey contains rich sources of water which will moisturize the skin and ensure it is supple and soft.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most exciting and a powerhouse solution for clear skin without pimples and marks. It is an acne remedy that promotes healthy and clear skin. It is helpful in killing bacteria that cause skin pimples and acne. Apple cider vinegar also contains alkaline properties that are used to balance the PH levels of the skin that makes it tougher for bacteria to survive.
In addition to the useful benefits, apple cider vinegar contains rich astringent properties that aid the skin in reducing the production of excess oil in the sebaceous glands.
How to apply apple cider vinegar to clear skin
- Pour one drop of vinegar in a container and add three drops of water.
- Wash the affected areas of the skin to remove dead skin and bacteria.
- Pat dry.
- Dip a dry towel or a cotton ball in the mixture.
- Gently apply it while massaging the skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the face with water.
The astringent properties of apple cider vinegar can make the skin very dry therefore always apply a moisturizer after use.
Brighten your Skin Complexion with Papaya mask
Papaya fruit is a powerhouse ingredient when it comes to making cosmetic and beauty products. The raw papaya is a natural skin remedy that eradicates surplus lipids and dead skin from the skin surface. This gives the skin a soft, clear and smooth appearance.
Additionally, papaya contains papain enzyme that can eliminate skin inflammation and prevent the formation of pus.
How to apply papaya mask
- Cut a slice of ripe papaya and mash them in a container
- Add a tablespoon of honey and sandalwood and stir to form a paste.
- Wash the face to remove bacteria and dead skin and then pat dry.
- Gently and evenly apply the papaya on the skin and massage.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
Usually, the skin can become dry after using papaya mask, therefore, moisturize and cleanse it.
Baking soda works tremendously on the skin as it provides a balanced PH level on the skin. The balanced PH levels ensure that there is a clear and youthful skin. Baking soda is a driving force remedy for skin ailments as it contains high sources of anti-inflammatory and mild antiseptic properties.
Furthermore, baking soda is an influential exfoliating agent that ensures that it purifies the skin to remove dead skin cells, dirt and impurities.
How to use to get Clear Glowing Skin Fast
- Pour one tablespoon of baking soda in a container.
- Add one tablespoon of water, honey or lemon.
- Stir to make a paste.
- Wash the face and pat dry then gently apply the paste to exfoliate the skin.
- Rinse the skin.
Use Aloe Vera to get Clear Skin Overnight
Aloe Vera is highly recommended by doctors for skin care as it contains a high source of antiseptic property. It is a natural moisturizer that aids in lessening the appearance of skin spots and blemishes. Use Aloe Vera to get rid of acne scars, pimple marks and hyperpigmentation.
How to use Aloe Vera for clear skin?
- Pluck a freshly gardened Aloe Vera leaf and remove the thorny parts.
- Squeeze the Aloe Vera leaf to get the gel.
- Add honey or turmeric on the gel and mix.
- Apply it on the skin and let it dry naturally.
- Rinse with water.
Most health experts recommend that topically applying green tea is a healthy remedy for a clear skin. It contains high sources of antioxidants which are used to nourish, detoxify and heal the body.
The leaves contain essential properties such as flavonoids that are useful in preserving the production of collagen on the skin. As a result of its use on the body, the skin can preserve the elasticity and reverse aging signs.
How to use green tea for clear skin
- Add green tea leaves in water and boil until it changes color then take two tablespoons.
- Then add a teaspoon of brown sugar and stir.
- Gently apply it on the skin and lightly scrub in circular motions.
- Wash off with water.
You can also drink green tea for a glowing skin. After boiling the leaves add equal portions of honey. Drink a cup of the herbal tea throughout the day.
Apply Cucumber to get Clear Skin Naturally
Naturally, cucumber is a rich source of astringent and hydrating properties that work well in providing nourishment and healthy skin. It performs cell regeneration property for damaged cells and removes dead skin cells. This is helpful in cooling the body for skin rejuvenation.
How to use
- Chop a garden-fresh cucumber into small, thick and circular slices.
- Gently rub the cucumber slice all over the face thoroughly massaging it.
- You can leave it for 1 hour before sleeping or overnight and then rinse the face in the morning.
The essential components contained in walnut can help draw out a beautiful glow on the skin, especially dry, dull and lifeless skin. As a home care remedy for skin walnuts contain high contents of antioxidants that are useful in repairing damaged skin cells and stimulate a healthy radiant skin. The powdered walnut for skin remedy works in exfoliating the skin to remove dead skin, dirt, and impurities.
How to use walnut for skin remedy
- Place two teaspoon of powdered walnut in the bowl.
- Add equal portions of plain yogurt in the bowl and stir to make a paste.
- Wash the face with a damp towel to moisturize and remove dirt.
- Gently apply the paste to the skin and massage it.
- Let it dry and scrub the areas with scars, acne or wrinkles.
- Wash off with water.
Coconut oil is considered one of the best home remedies for clear skin. It is used as an ingredient in most skin products. The oil has a very rich antioxidant property as it contains phytochemicals which aid to prevent attacks of healthy skin by free radicals.
When applied topically on the skin coconut oil easily penetrates the deepest skin tissues this is helpful in keeping a moisturized and soft skin. Coconut oil remedy can be used for dull and dry skin.
Additionally, coconut oil also contains high sources of antifungal and antibacterial properties which aid in preserving a clear skin tone.
- Add coconut oil in a container.
- Warm the oil.
- Gently apply the mixture to the face and massage.
- Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes or the whole night and then rinse with water.
Furthermore, one can add a few tablespoon of sugar in the oil. This acts as a scrub for exfoliating the skin.
Use Mint to get Clear Skin for Men
Mint is a rich base of menthol which has soothing and cooling properties that are vital in keeping the skin healthy and radiant. Furthermore, mint also contains healing and antioxidant properties which aid the skin in warding off skin infections and regenerate new cells.
How to apply
- Place a tablespoon of mint powder in a container.
- Add an equal portion of plain yogurt and stir until all ingredients have properly soaked.
- Gently apply the homemade paste on the skin and lightly massage.
- Let the paste naturally dry on the skin and rinse with water.
How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
Diet for Clear Skin
A nutritional diet is very vital for the skin, and the body as what we eat is reflected on the skin. A healthy body offers a protective layer against attacks from outside impurities. A balanced diet that is rich in vegetables, fruits, protein and good fats is a rich storehouse of essential vitamins and minerals.
Combine Home Remedies for Clear Skin with Exercise
Exercise is an essential skin remedy as it enables the body to stimulate the flow of blood to the skin, remove excess fats and burn off excess calories. Indulging in cardiovascular exercise relaxes the muscles. The CDC recommend that 30 minutes of moderate and high-intensity workout per day for 3-4 days in a week is helpful in stimulating oxygen supply.
High oxygen wards off the development of free radicals that attack healthy skin cells resulting in a dull skin and wrinkles. Some of the exercises include yoga, walking, running or swimming.
Drink Plenty of Water
Water is useful in flushing out toxins from the body. The skin is the largest body organ and requires an adequate supply of water to be soft and hydrated.
Safety Precautions When Using Home Remedies
Even though most home care remedies are naturally safe for use on the skin, it is important to make an affirmative choice on the best remedy that suits your type of skin.
Some of the oil can cause skin irritation, especially for sensitive skin. Therefore, it is important to patch test the products on less sensitive areas before applying it.
Use moderate proportions of the products.