Hemp seed oil for skin has numerous nutritional benefits. Over the year’s people have used hemp oil as it contains topical benefits that aid in moisturizing and cleansing the skin. Most health experts believe that hemp skin oil is a treatment for curing certain skin ailments. The oil aids in providing relief for acne, averting the spread of rashes, adding a protective skin layer and relieving skin disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
Hemp Seed Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Essential Properties Contained in Hemp Seed Oil
- Benefits of Using Hemp Skin Oil for Skin
- Treatment for Eczema condition
- Treatment for Acne
- Hemp Skin Oil as a Treatment for and Prevention for Psoriasis
- Hemp Seed Oil to Treat Skin Rashes
- Hemp Seed Oil for Skin Moisturizing
- Hemp Seed Oil for Relieving Dermatitis
- Hemp Seed Oil Helps to Prevent Premature Aging Spots and Wrinkles
- Hemp Seed Oil As a Makeup Remover
- Other Health Benefits of Using Hemp Seed Oil for SKin
- How to Use Hemp Seed Oil for Skin
- Safety Precautions of Using Hemp Seed Oil for Skin
Hemp seed oil is made through cold pressing the seeds from the hemp plant. It has light green color with a nutty scent. The seeds are a rich source of chlorophyll which makes it have a green color. The refined hemp oil tends to be colorless with a nut like a flavor. The hemp seed oil is rich in omega 3 omega 6, minerals, antioxidants, vitamin A and E. The essential fats omega 6 and omega 3 contained in hemp seed oil aids in enhancing the nerves and brain function and maintaining healthy body cells.
Hemp seed oil is processed from the seeds of a genus of Cannabis plant although it does not contain Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC). The THC is the active element in cannabis saliva that contains the psychoactive properties. The oil is extracted from a different variety of cannabis plant family that has a tall growing base and low concentration of THC.
The oil that contains THC and is banned in many countries is called cannabis or hash oil and should not be associated with hemp seed oil.
The moisturizing properties of hemp skin oil have allowed it to be a strong favorite for manufacturing cosmetic products such as lip balms, shampoos, sunscreens, lotions, and conditioners. Naturally the oil aids in revitalizing the skin with vitamin D and calcium absorption for a smooth and soft skin. Traditionally the hemp plant was used to make cloth and paper while the seeds were used mainly used by animals as food.
Essential Properties Contained in Hemp Seed Oil
- Skin regenerative.
- Anti- inflammatory.
Benefits of Using Hemp Skin Oil for Skin
Treatment for Eczema condition
The oil is a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids and strong anti-inflammatory properties that aid in filing the body’s plasma lipids. Hemp oil moistures itchy, painful and inflamed eczema spots on the skin. The use of hemp seed oil on patients suffering from eczema boost the blood with healthy fats such as omega 3 and omega 6.
How to use hemp skin oil to treat Eczema condition
Unrefined hemp oil is useful as it contains all the essential minerals and fats. Doctors recommend that one can consume 1-2 tablespoon of the hemp seed oil on a daily basis until the condition is reduced.
Topical application of hemp seed oil to treat eczema condition
- Pour a quarter glass of hemp seed oil in a cup then add 8-10 drops of essential oil such as lavender or jojoba oil.
- Add 5 drops of coconut oil to the solution.
- Mix gently until the solution is even.
- Apply the solution onto the skin and rub gently.
- Let it dry for roughly 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Treatment for Acne
The essential fatty acid omega 3 contained in hemp seed oil is a natural remedy for treating acne. The oil is used by the body to reduce inflammation that causes redness and soreness in pimples. Hemp seed oil contains strong ingredients of antibacterial properties that aid the skin to remove the bacteria that causes acne.
Hemp oil is a rich source of gamma-linoleic acid and astringent properties that prevent the skin pores from clogging and prevent excessive production of sebum. Sebum clogs the skin pores resulting in skin whiteheads and blackheads.
How to use hemp skin oil to treat acne?
Hemp skin oil can be consumed as a dietary supplement to aid in regulating the spread of acne hormones. Measure Two tablespoonfuls of hemp skin oil and add to foods, juice or drinks.
As a cosmetic product
- Wash the face with warm or cold water.
- Apply the oil directly to the affected area of the skin.
- Rub gently and leave it for 5 minutes to dry.
- Rinse with warm or cold water.
Hemp Skin Oil as a Treatment for and Prevention for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a condition that is associated with the deficiency of omega 6 fatty acids in the body. Hemp skin oil is a rich source of omega 6 which helps to fight inflammation of the skin to prevent and alleviate skin conditions such as psoriasis. The oil helps to nourish, pacify and revitalize dry, itchy and inflamed psoriasis spots.
How to use hemp seed oil to treat psoriasis condition?
- Take 1-2 tablespoonful of the oil.
- Apply hemp seed oil directly to the affected skin patches.
- Apply few drops of the oil directly on the affected acne areas of the skin.
- Rub it gently on face and leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse the face with warm or cold water.
Hemp Seed Oil to Treat Skin Rashes
The hemp seed oil is a super-rich source of anti-inflammatory and nourishing properties that aid in healing itchy, redness and inflamed skin rashes.
How to use hemp seed oil to treat skin rashes?
- Apply the oil gently on the skin particularly on the affected area.
- Leave it for 5- 10 minutes to dry.
- Rinse with cold water.
Hemp Seed Oil for Skin Moisturizing
The hemp seed oil does not contain comedogenic thus does not clog the skin pores. This is important as an ingredient as it moistures acne skin, oily and dry skin types. The fatty acids contained in hemp seed oil easily penetrate the skin to create an extra protective skin layer to avoid moisture loss.
Hemp Seed Oil for Relieving Dermatitis
Hemp seed oil is a rich source of omega 3 and 6 that aid to lessen and nourish dermatitis skin condition. Dermatitis symptoms include itchy and dry skin and hemp seed oil help to alleviate the symptoms.
How to apply hemp seed oil to treat dermatitis?
- Wash the face with warm water.
- Apply the hemp skin oil directly on the affected skin and rub gently.
- Rinse it off with water.
Hemp Seed Oil Helps to Prevent Premature Aging Spots and Wrinkles
The anti-oxidant property contained in the oil is a natural and powerful remedy for aging spots. It also removes wrinkles and smoothens the skin. The essential properties contained in hemp seed oil aid in retaining water on the skin tissues and refining the skin elasticity. This gives the skin a youthful look.
Hemp Seed Oil As a Makeup Remover
Gently applying hemp seed oil helps to remove make-up from the face as the oil is useful in providing moisture and cleansing the skin.
Other Health Benefits of Using Hemp Seed Oil for SKin
- Supports the function and response of the immune system. The essential fatty acids in hemp seed oil help to give the body rapid response to a pathogen or a stressor.
- Helps in enhancing the heart’s health with appropriate cardiovascular functions.
- Hemp seed oil contains DHA an essential fatty acid used for the development of the brain.
- Helps to treat chronic inflammatory conditions. Omega 3 and 6 contained in hemp seed oil and the body in lowering the inflammation.
- Helps to treat severe pain and arthritis.
- It helps the body to inhibit excessive cerebral decline.
- Helps to prevent and fade varicose veins. The fatty acids contained in the oil aids in preventing blood build up on the valves.
How to Use Hemp Seed Oil for Skin
The cold hemp seed oil is beneficial to the skin as it contains all the nutrients. Refined oil lacks all the essential nutrients and minerals. Hemp Seed oil should be served cold. Overheating it converts the unsaturated fats to saturated fats. The best hemp seed oil should be organic.
Hemp oil can be safely used internally or for topical application. If consumed internally the correct dosage is roughly around 2 tablespoons per day. Excessive consumption of the oil in large quantities is toxic and harmful to the body.
Safety Precautions of Using Hemp Seed Oil for Skin
- The oil has an anticoagulant effect. People undergoing surgery should not use the oil two weeks prior.
- It is important to ensure that the skin is not allergic to hemp seed oil before applying it on the skin. Perform a patch test on the wrist to check the reaction before applying it.
- If the patch test causes an itching and irritation, then do not use it and if the signs persist seek medical advice from a dermatologist.
- Do not use the hemp seed oil if you are suffering from heart disease, chronic health conditions or hypertension as it contains anticoagulant properties.
- High doses of hemp seed oil can cause cramps or diarrhea.