The world transcends on the common notion that beauty is skin deep. But among all organs, the skin seems to be the most problematical and slightly misunderstood tissue among all the body parts. Tamanu oil has many health benefits to treat skin ailments as it has numerous properties essential in skin therapy. Here is how to use tamanu oil for skin care.
What is Tamanu oil?
- What is Tamanu oil?
- Properties Contained in Tamanu oil
- Benefits of Using Tamanu Oil for Skin
- Tamanu oil aids in fighting acne
- Tamanu oil is a treatment for anti-aging
- Tamanu oil aids in treating psoriasis skin condition
- Tamanu oil aids in healing burns, bruises, and wounds
- Protection against ultraviolet rays
- Nourishes dry and dehydrated skin
- Tamanu oil aids in treating eczema condition
- Tamanu oil for skin bleaching
- Other health benefits of Tamanu oil for skin
- How to Best Apply Tamanu Oil
- Side Effects of using Tamanu Oil for Skin
- Health Precaution When Using Tamanu Oil for Skin
Tamanu oil is extracted from a tree that grows in a tropical climate such as Southeast Asia. The oil has a rich pungent and nutty scent. Tamanu oil is cold pressed from the kernel, a nut found inside the Tamanu fruit. Usually, the kernels are first dried and then cold oppressed. The pressed oil has a yellowish green color.
Traditionally the native Asia communities used Tamanu oil for treating skin conditions such as burns, bruises, leprosy, and general skin irritations. The oil has slowly been integrated and widely accepted in Europe due to the antibacterial and antioxidant properties. Extensive research done by scientists indicate that the oil can also treat skin cancer, acne, wrinkles, oily skin or dry, itchy skin.
Properties Contained in Tamanu oil
Benefits of Using Tamanu Oil for Skin
Tamanu oil aids in fighting acne
Tamanu oil is widely recommended as a therapeutic remedy for fighting acne. The spread of acne in the body is a result of bacteria spread that invade the skin cells and cause pimples and black spots. Tamanu oil is a rich agent of antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that aids the body in resisting and fighting the invasion of acne bacteria. When applied on the skin Tamanu oil opens the skin layers and controls the production of surplus sebum that is associated with acne spread. The rich antimicrobial and antibacterial properties of Tamanu oil help in maintaining a balanced oil skin levels.
When applied on the skin Tamanu oil opens the skin layers and controls the production of surplus sebum that is associated with acne spread. The rich antimicrobial and antibacterial properties of Tamanu oil help in maintaining a balanced oil skin levels.
How to use Tamanu oil for acne treatment
- Add 2 drops of Tamanu oil in an empty bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix until a paste is formed.
- Wash the face with water.
- Apply the thin layer paste on the affected areas as a skin
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wash the face with water.
Tamanu oil is a treatment for anti-aging
Tamanu oil contains dominant anti-oxidation and astringent properties that work naturally to help reduce anti-aging marks, skin sagging, and wrinkles. The skin logically loses it elasticity and firmness whenever ages start to creep in resulting in the formation of wrinkles around the face or neck. As a powerful source of astringent properties which is useful for tightening and contracting the skin. The oil penetrates all of the skin layers and boosts the elasticity of the skin by tightening the skin tissue so as to remove any slight appearance of skin sagging and wrinkles.
As a powerful source of astringent properties which is useful for tightening and contracting the skin. The oil penetrates all of the skin layers and boosts the elasticity of the skin by tightening the skin tissue so as to remove any slight appearance of skin sagging and wrinkles.
Tamanu oil has powerful anti-aging properties that stimulate the growth of new tissues and natural production of collagen. As a result, the skin elasticity is restored as wrinkles, and fine lines are removed. After using Tamanu oil, the skin will have a firm and youthful skin tone
How to use Tamanu oil to remove skin aging blemishes and wrinkles
- Add 4 drops of Tamanu oil into a container.
- Add 1 drop of a carrier oil such as jojoba oil.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Rinse the face with water.
- Apply the paste on the face while massaging it.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face with water.
Tamanu oil aids in treating psoriasis skin condition
Psoriasis skin ailment occurs due to extreme irritation of the skin. The condition results in inflammation, severe redness and skin itching. This oil is enriched with anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that fight the bacteria causing the skin to irritate.
Tamanu oil aids in healing burns, bruises, and wounds
It is a rich and natural source of anti-inflammatory and cicatrization properties. The properties work in unison to treat and heal skin burns and bruises. The cicatrization ability of Tamanu oil aid in regenerating new skin tissues and heal sunburns.
Topically applying Tamanu oil aids in reducing severe pain and development of new infections related to minor burns. It also aids in skin soothing and faster healing.
How to apply Tamanu oil to heal burns and bruises.
- Apply a few drops of Tamanu oil on a fresh wound or burn and rub it gently.
- As an alternative medical measure add few drops of Tamanu oil on a freshly sterilize medical pad. Wrap the pad around the fresh wound or burn.
Applying Tamanu oil boost the flow of blood as it reduces the inflammation symptoms and helps to fasten the healing process.
If signs and symptoms of burns are severe, seek medical attention.
Protection against ultraviolet rays
Tamanu oil is a rich agent with antioxidant properties that is essentially significant in forming a protective layer as it regenerates new cells. The additional layer is useful in protecting against free radical’s that attack the healthy skin cells. Protection against invades generates new cells and boost the flow of blood. The oil easily penetrates the skin layer.
You can apply the oil directly on the skin to give a protective skin layer.
Nourishes dry and dehydrated skin
When applied topically on the skin Tamanu oil infiltrates all the three layers of the skin. The process allows skin hydration to the deepest skin layer rather than varnishing the outmost skin layer.
The oil aids in moisturizing and lubricating dry and fractured skin. The antioxidants and astringent properties enhance water retention and water pumping onto the hydrated dry skin cells. As a result, the skin looks more smooth and flexible.
How to use Tamanu oil to nourish hydrated and dry skin
- Add 4-5 drops of Tamanu oil.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar.
- Stir well.
- Wash the face with water to remove any makeup.
- Gently apply the paste on the face and massage for 5 minutes.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash the face with water.
You can replace the sugar with any carrier oil such as olive oil. This remedy will work on nourishing soft skin tone
Tamanu oil aids in treating eczema condition
Tamanu oil is a healing remedy for treating eczema skin condition. The oil contains strong anti-inflammatory properties that aid in fueling the body with adequate plasma lipids. Tamanu oil calms irritating, sore and inflamed eczema skin blemishes.
How to use Tamanu oil for treating Eczema.
- Add 2 drops of diluted Tamanu oil in cotton ball
- Wash the skin and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply the oil gently massage the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the oil from the skin with water.
- Apply a lubricant such as petroleum jelly to soothe the redness and itching.
If the eczema condition is severe seek medical attention.
Tamanu oil for skin bleaching
Tamanu oil contains antiseptic properties that aid in removing impurities so as to improve the skin tone, texture, and complexion. Apply Tamanu oil as a skin care product to remove skin pigmentation.
Facial masks that contain Tamanu oil will aid in removing dark spots due to acne scars, age spots, and sun damage.
How to apply Tamanu oil for skin bleaching
- Pour 2 drops of Tamanu oil in a clean bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon oil.
- Pour a ½ tablespoon of baking soda.
- Add a ¼ glass of water.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Wash the face and dry patch.
- Gently apply the paste on the skin and lightly massage it for 10 minutes.
- Leave the paste on the skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash off the dry paste with water.
Do not expect an overnight result, therefore, apply the paste frequently.
You can also use the remedy for bleaching scars caused by acne.
Other health benefits of Tamanu oil for skin
- Treats for bites and stings caused by insects.
- Treatment for blisters.
- Cure for Leprosy
- Diaper rash.
- Herpes sores.
- Foot and body odor.
- Back pain.
How to Best Apply Tamanu Oil
Tamanu oil is considered a natural organic product that can be applied to the affected skin areas without causing severe irritation. The oil can be integrated into our daily skin care routines. You can incorporate Tamanu oil by the following means.
- You can dilute the oil by mixing it with a base oil.
- Tamanu oil is safe for use even when undiluted therefore you can apply it directly on the problematic areas.
- Add Tamanu oil in your cosmetic products such as lotions, creams, body wash or soaps.
Side Effects of using Tamanu Oil for Skin
There are no documented side effects caused by the oil on the skin. For non-allergic individuals, Tamanu oil should be applied at the prescribed dose. Excessive use can cause skin irritation.
It is important to patch test the oil in non-sensitive areas. If the oil causes skin reaction signs such as mild skin inflammation or blisters seek medical attention before continuing its use.
Health Precaution When Using Tamanu Oil for Skin
- Do not use the oil exceeding the required dosage on the label advertised by manufacturers.
- For sensitive and dry skin always dilute the oil with a carrier oil such as jojoba or avocado oil.
- Always patch test the oil in non-sensitive
- Tamanu oil contains acidity properties and usually and has rubefacient action there should not be applied for long periods.
- Do not consume the oil orally as it has anticoagulant effects, therefore, individuals prone to excess bleeding or suffering from blood pressure disorder should consult a doctor.
- Do not continue applying Tamanu oil on the skin if it causes severe allergic reactions.
- Safety precaution for Tamanu oil.
- The oil can be stored under any condition however excess heat will reduce the shelf life.