The hands are considered one of the most delicate parts of the body and any slight appearance of wrinkles is a cause for concern. Generally, the hands are prone to exposure from the environment factors. Usually, we give more concern and consideration to the face and neglect the hands. As one shows signs of wrinkled hands, this is an indication of aging and damaged skin.
The Causes of Wrinkled Hands
- The Causes of Wrinkled Hands
- How to Get Rid of Wrinkled Hands Fast
- Home Remedies to Treat Wrinkled Hands
- Fenugreek paste
- How to get rid of Wrinkled Hands using Aloe Vera
- Olive oil
- Lemon mix with milk and sugar
- Banana fruit
- How to Prevent the Hands from Getting Wrinkles?
With a proper understanding of the causes of wrinkled hands, it is easy to learn how to treat and prevent wrinkles. Numerous controllable and uncontrollable factors affect the skin, and they include;
This is one of the primary factors that cause wrinkles on hands, face, and skin in general. As we age, it is inevitable that the skin will become thinner with small quantities of fats especially in the deeper layers of the skin. This makes the skin look wrinkled and saggy. Age also affects the skin elastin and ability to produce collagen.
Additionally, the skin also loses the ability to produce natural oils this makes the skin appear drier.
Exposure to ultraviolet rays
Over Exposure to UV radiations is partly a cause of concern as it causes wrinkles. The UV radiations destroy the collagen of the skin and dermal layer elastin. The skin looks dry and lacks natural elasticity and firmness.
Smoking is one of the leading causes of wrinkles on the skin especially the hands. Research done by Mayo clinic on smokers suggest that the use of tobacco reduces the supply of blood to the skin. This results in a dehydrated skin with unhealthy skin cells.
How to Get Rid of Wrinkled Hands Fast
The skin around the hands and at the back has a very thin line and when it loses any sizeable amount of fats it develops wrinkled like appearance. Filler injections fill the hands with space. Therefore, it pumps an additional volume and extra skin cushion. As soon as the filler is injected it is massaged all over the hands and waved so as to plump up and cover the entire hand. The injection is useful in stimulating collagen production and elastin.
Filler injections such as per lane, Restylane and Juvederm are popular among dermatologist.
Fractional laser resurfacing treatment
Fractional laser resurfacing procedure uses laser treatment to produce minuscule pinholes on the skin to stimulate collagen synthesis and skin elastin. Skin elastin and collagen are significant connective tissue that aids in upholding the skin elasticity and support.
Fractional laser resurfacing treatment restores the skin support structure which results in fewer wrinkles on the hands. Laser skin resurfacing treatment boost the production of collagen which is permanent.
Home Remedies to Treat Wrinkled Hands
Moistures is a powerful home remedy for treating wrinkled hands as It aids in plumping the skin which makes the wrinkles less visible. The skin cells of the hands are mostly comprised of water, and dehydration often causes wrinkles to appear and look worse. Applying moisturizing lotion aids to plump the skin cell and lessen the appearance of wrinkles on the hands.
Fenugreek contains substantial amounts of mineral and vitamins that reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
How to apply fenugreek paste to treat wrinkled hands?
- Take a 3-5 teaspoon of fenugreek leaves and grind them.
- Add water to ground fenugreek leaves to dissolve.
- Stir to make a paste.
- Gently apply the paste and massage the hands with the paste until it has dried.
- Leave the dried mixture on hands overnight.
- Wash the hands the first thing in the morning.
How to get rid of Wrinkled Hands using Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains adequate malic acid which reduces wrinkles as it enhances the skin elasticity for a firm skin.
Apply Aloe Vera to treat wrinkled hands
- Pluck a garden-fresh Aloe Vera leaf.
- Squeeze the leaf and apply the oozing gel all over the hands.
- Leave it for 45 minutes.
- Rinse the hands with water.
Proper nutrition and a proper dietary plan is a great form of reducing and preventing the spread and appearance of wrinkles on the hands. Eating a balanced food diet such as fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and whole grains aids in keeping the skin hands looking young and radiant.
Ensure that you eat foods that are a rich source of protein, coenzyme, antioxidants and selenium. These foods enable the skin fight off the appearance of wrinkles.
Always target food rich in vitamin C, E and A as they will stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
Eat foods that contain powerful ingredients such as omega and biotin as these foods are nail and hands friendly.
Olive oil is an ancient remedy and powerful treatment for wrinkled hands. The oil naturally nourishes and moisturizes the deepest layers of the skin to remove old wrinkles and avert the formation of new ones. Massage the oil on the hands daily preferably before going to sleep or after washing with a detergent.
Lemon mix with milk and sugar
Scrubbing and deep moisturizing are one of the key remedies for removing wrinkles in the hands.
How to remove wrinkles with lemon and sugar and milk paste?
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda in the container.
- Add warm water to the container.
- Soak the hands in a container for 15 minutes. This aids in softening the skin and moisture absorption.
- Add lemon oil or lemon juice.
- Add 1 tablespoonful of sugar.
- Gently massage the scrub in the hands in circular motion and let it dry.
Soaking the hands with warm water and baking soda aids in softening the skin and absorbing moisture.
Lemon removes the skin spots and dirt as the sugar is essential in scrubbing the hands so as to remove dead skin cells and dirt. Milk is considered a powerful moisturizing agent and contains high sources of fatty acids and antioxidants which lessen the appearance of wrinkles.
It is a rich source of vitamin c which aids in removing wrinkles. The essential properties and natural mineral contained in the fruit can tone and moisturize the skin for a revitalized young skin tone.
How to use pineapple to remove wrinkles?
- Cut into small pieces the pineapple and smash to form a pulp.
- Apply it on hand and gently massage.
- Leave it for 25 minutes until it has dried.
- Rinse the hands with water.
- Apply a moisturizer.
The fruit watermelon is an ancient remedy for treating wrinkled hands. The fruit contains high water content which is a natural hydration and moisturizing agent for the skin. The vitamin c is easily absorbed by the hand’s skin and penetrates the deepest layer to promote the formation of new healthy skin cells.
How to apply watermelon on wrinkled hands?
- Cut the watermelon into pieces and rub it on the wrinkled hand.
- Leave it on the hands to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
The banana fruit is a rich and powerful source of vitamin and essential minerals such as magnesium, zinc, potassium, iodine and iron. The essential minerals and vitamins aids in revitalizing the skin to remove the presences of wrinkles on the hands.
How to Use Bananas to get rid of Wrinkled Hands
- Smash banana fruit in a container until cream is formed.
- Add milk, avocado or honey in the mashed bananas.
- Gently apply the cream on the hands.
- Ensure the banana cream has dried.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse with water.
How to Prevent the Hands from Getting Wrinkles?
- Always avoid long periods of sun exposure as it damages the skin elastin and collagen, preferably wear sunscreen whenever you are outside, and the sun is hot.
- Apply a moisturizing cream or lotion after washing with detergents. Whenever you wash with soap and detergents, the hands lose its natural oil and moisture. Therefore, it is important to nourish the hands.
- Wear a pair of gloves whenever you are using harmful cleaning detergents and chemicals.
- Avoid smoking and excessive drinking.
- Get adequate sleep.