Are there effective ways to get rid of dark neck skin? Dark neck is a very common problem. It comes in forms of black lines, dark spots, creases or patches making your skin look dirty and unattractive.Here is how to get rid of dark neck, black spots and skin pigmentation fast, naturally and permanently.
How to Get Rid of a Dark Neck
- How to Get Rid of a Dark Neck
- Dark Neck Skin Causes
- How to Whiten Dark Neck Naturally, at Home
- Get Rid of Darkness on Neck Instantly
- Get Rid of Darkness on Neck Overnight
- How to Get Rid of Dark Neck Fast and Permanently
Dark neck on skin is considered an embarrassment especially by those who think it is caused by poor cleaning. It is even worse for those who have a fair skin complexion as this makes it even more noticeable. While it is commonly due to aging and sun exposure, dark necks can be caused by skin conditions that cause the skin on some areas of the body to be darker. Other causes include; genetics, poor hygiene and underlying medical conditions.
According to kidshealth.org, “Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition that causes the skin to be increasingly thicker and darker around joints and areas with many creases and folds such as armpits, elbows, knees and back of the neck.”
Dark neck on the skin should not be confused with acanthosis nigricans. This condition is entirely harmless and is not contagious. Causes include: endocrine problems such as diabetes, heredity and medications such as oral contraceptives. Management largely involves treating the conditions that cause the skin pigmentation.
It is important to note that dark skin on neck is not always caused by acanthosis nigricans. It is quite common to find some sites using acanthosis nigricans as the alternative name for dark neck skin while there are other entirely independent causes of neck darkness.
Here Is How to Get Rid Of Dark Neck and Brighten Skin Quickly
These are the four major steps in a working skin care routine to help you get rid of dark neck and brighten skin quickly:
Wash to Get Rid of dirt and Grime
Wash your neck as regularly as you wash your face and during bath time routine in the shower or bath tub. Use a good moisturizing soap and a washcloth to gently scrub the area.
Exfoliate to Remove Dark Skin Cells
Dead cells, dirt and grime contribute in making your skin darker. Exfoliate at least twice a week using natural homemade scrubs or masks with essential oils. For deep exfoliation, use scrubs with salicylic acid or glycolic acid. Whatever the method and product you decide to use, be gentle to avoid skin irritation and scrapping of the neck area which tends to be very sensitive.
Moisturize to Rejuvenate and Brighten Neck
Skin dryness makes the skin appear unattractive and dark. Moisturize your neck after every wash and bath to keep the skin moist and glowing.
Apply Skin Lightening Creams or Whitening Products
The use of skin bleaching creams can help lighten dark neck skin. While chemical bleaches and creams offer quick results, it is best to use natural skin lighteners such as lemon juice that has natural acids that help to remove dirt and whiten skin without any side effects. Always remember to moisturize skin after any bleaching process.
Dark Neck Skin Causes
Why is the skin on the back of my neck dark? Why is my neck black? The exact reason why the skin on your neck may be dark varies- there could be a variety of reasons most of which should not be a reason to be worried. Here are the most common dark skin on neck causes.
- Too much exposure to the sun
- Polycystic ovarian disease
While poor personal hygiene is largely thought to be the cause, you should always find it important to mention that your neck is darker than normal especially if you have acne, excessive hair growth, irregular menses and weight gain as you may be dealing with hormonal issues that need medical attention.
How to Whiten Dark Neck Naturally, at Home
It is common for most people to give so much attention to the face forgetting that the skin on the neck deserves as much attention. You may not wash or moisturize your neck as often as you do your face. This will over time result in a darker skin complexion on your neck. While you may not notice or be bothered by it, other people notice it as their eyes roam over your face and neck. Finding ways to permanently lightening a dark neck will also help add to the brightness of your face. Here are some of the most common and effective home remedies to whiten dark neck naturally at home.
How to Get Rid Of Dark Neck with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a natural cleanser and exfoliator that effectively gets rid of skin pigmentation on the neck. It removes dark skin patches and rings on the neck and improves your complexion.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to form a thick paste
- Apply the paste to the neck and allow it to sit for 20 minutes
- Wait up until it dries completely then wash off with cool water
- Do this every other day for a week or two to get rid of darkening of skin on neck
- Maintain the new look by applying baking soda- water paste twice a week
How to Get Rid Of a Black Neck with Cucumber
Cucumbers have soothing and cooling properties that help to remove dead skin cells and repair damaged skin cells. It also gently exfoliates skin and adds a natural glow to it. You can use grated cucumbers or cucumber juice to get rid of a dark neck.
- Apply cucumber juice or grated cucumber all over your neck
- Gently scrub in circular motions and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse it off with cool rose water
- Do this daily till you get desired results
You can alternatively mix lemon and cucumber juice in equal parts and apply it to your neck using cotton balls. Allow it to sit for a few minutes the rinse off with water. Adding lemon juice to cucumber will make it more effective.
Aloe Vera Plant to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Neck
Aloe Vera gel is a natural moisturizer rich in antioxidants that help to get rid of dark spots and blemishes fast. It effectively helps to repair damage new cells and regenerate new ones. Its natural cleansing properties not only get rid of dark spots but also brighten skin tone of the neck.
- Cut the edges of the aloe Vera leaf and tear it into two parts
- Squeeze off the gel out of the leaf and apply it on the neck
- Gently massage and allow it to sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with water
- Do this once daily to get rid of spots and dark patches of skin on the neck
How to Get Rid Of a Dirty Neck with Oats
Oats are a great in skin exfoliation- they can be used as a scrub and a mask to improve the complexion of your neck.
- Mix coarsely ground oats with tomato pulp to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your neck and leave for 15 minutes
- Wet your fingers and use them to gently rub your neck in circular motions for 5 minutes to exfoliate
- Wash off with cool water then moisturize
- Do this twice in a week for best results
Alternatively, you can mix powdered oats with milk and honey to make a paste. Apply it on the neck and allow it to sit for 30 minutes then wash off with lukewarm water.
Chickpea Flour for Black Neck Patches during Pregnancy
Chickpea is good for exfoliation to reduce those dark patches of skin on your neck. It works best when mixed with turmeric which has natural antiseptic properties that help get rid of other skin problems.
- Add two teaspoons of chickpea flour with a pinch of turmeric
- Add in some water and mix to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on your neck and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes
- Massage gently using your fingers in circular motions
- Rinse off with cool water
- Do at least 3 times a week to achieve desired results
How to Brighten your Neck with Milk
Milk is a great cleanser and moisturizer. You can choose to use cream alone or a combination of different ingredients to make the best out of it.
- Apply fresh cream to your neck and massage it gently. Rinse off with warm water. Do this daily to moisturize and brighten your neck.
- Mix Gram flour with fresh cream and use to gently scrub your neck. This will double up as both a scrubber and moisturizer. Rinse off with warm water.
- To get rid of a black neck and achieve glowing neck skin, add a pinch of turmeric to fresh cream and rub it on your neck every other day.
- Alternatively, you can mix up yogurt with fresh cream and use it to gently massage your neck daily. Rinse off with warm water.
Home dark neck remedies do not offer instant results. It takes patience and consistency to finally get the rid of neck darkness and whiten dark patches in the neck area. Try using the remedies daily or every other day for a period of two weeks then follow up with at least twice a week to maintain the results. Remember to always wash and moisturize your neck as often as you do on your face.
Get Rid of Darkness on Neck Instantly
Neck darkness is made even worse with unhealthy dry skin. Most people take good care of their facial skin and forget to tend to the delicate skin of the neck. While dry neck skin is most of the times due to harsh environmental factors and use of harsh skin products, psoriasis and over exposure to the sun are also associated with dry skin. A good skin care plan with proper skin care techniques go a long way in helping get rid of darkness on neck.
Natural oils contain natural compounds that will help to nourish and rejuvenate your skin. They have fine moisturizing agents to help get rid of darkness on neck instantly.
How to Get Rid of a Dirty Neck with Almond Oil
Almond oil effectively removes dead skin cells and gently removes the dead skin layer that causes your neck to appear dark. Almond oil can be used in many different ways to get rid of dark patches of skin and brighten your neck.
- Heat almond oil lightly and use it to massage your neck for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat almond oil lightly and add vitamin E oil to it. Use this mixture to massage your neck for about 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can mix almond oil with olive or coconut oil for faster and better results. To deeply moisturize your skin, apply the mixture of any of these oils to your neck and massage before going to bed. Rinse off with water in the morning. Do this daily to remove neck darkness.
Olive Oil, Honey and Lemon to Treat Darkening of Skin on Neck
Olive oil is a good natural moisturize that will also help maintain a lighter and brighter skin tone. Lemon has gentle bleaching properties that help lighten skin, honey nourishes and moisturizes while egg white have special proteins and nutrients that remove dull dead skin cells and give you a natural glow.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well
- Apply the mixture on your neck and massage gently
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water
- Do this 3 or 4 times a week for best results
Get Rid of Darkness on Neck Overnight
Looking to get fast results and a bright neck overnight? Use lemon, a kitchen staple that has a whole lot of benefits for the skin as well. It has natural, effective but gentle skin bleaching properties due to the citric acid present. There are different ways you can use lemon to bleach your skin and get rid of darkness on neck overnight.
Lemon and Turmeric Powder to Remove Neck Darkness Fast
- Squeeze enough fresh lemon juice into a small cup or bowl.
- Use a cotton ball or your hands to apply the juice to your neck
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then wash off with water
- For even better results, add turmeric powder to the lemon juice before applying it to your neck. This will give you an extra glow
Lemon and Rose Water to Get Rid Of Dark Neck Quickly
- Mix lemon and rose water in equal parts
- Apply this mixture to your neck before going to bed
- Leave it on overnight, then wash off with water in the morning
- Do this every other day for at least a month to whiten your neck
- You can make extra lemon juice and rose water mixture and store in a bottle
Note: Never walk out in the sun with lemon juice on your skin. Take some time before going out after using lemon juice treatments on your skin. Lemon dries out skin, moisturize your skin immediately after using it.
How to Get Rid of Dark Neck Fast and Permanently
As described above, home remedies take quite a while before giving you expected results. The new glowing neck skin results are not usually permanent and will usually return as soon as you stop using the dark neck remedies or step out in the sun. In this case, trying out some permanent and quick treatments may be a good idea. Here is how to get rid of dark neck fast and permanently with chemical peel, microdermabrasion and laser treatments.
Microdermabrasion for Dark Neck and Armpits
This is a form of physical exfoliation performed by trained personnel to remove dull dark skin and improve skin pigmentation. There are two main methods of microdermabrasion: Aluminum oxide or diamond crystal powder. According to thehealthsite.com, “Earlier, aluminum oxide was use to exfoliate skin but it was messy with variable results and some reports of accidentally inhaling the powder.”
Experts currently prefer the use of diamond crystal which offers better results without any risk.
Chemical Peels to Get Rid of Black Neck Fast
Chemical peels are a very good and effective way of improving the appearance of dark skin on back of neck. These are medical treatments that exfoliate and remove the older dull skin to reveal newer and brighter skin below. There are many different types of chemical peels. They are done once every two weeks- depending on how dark your skin is, or how light you want it to be, you may need 8-12 treatments to get desired results. Be sure to go to an experienced dermatologist, who will help you choose the right peel for your skin without posing any risks to your skin.
How to Get Rid Of Dark Lines on Neck with Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is a new technology used to by dermatologists to improve skin complexion especially that caused by acanthosis nigricans. Laser treatments are safe but should only be done by a trained and experienced dermatologist for best results.
Medications and Skin Whitening Products
Medication with glycolic acid and lactic acid and tretinoin can help you get rid of neck darkness. They are however not usually as effective and should be used in combination with other treatments for best results. You can use lotion and skin lightening creams with hydro-7 in the morning and evening to remove darkening of the neck. According to Otto Joseph Placik, MD, a Chicago based Plastic Surgeon, products with hydroquinone are safe when used properly.
How to Get Rid of Dark Skin on Neck after Pregnancy
Skin darkening is one of the first signs of pregnancy. Many people notice dark patches of pigmentation on areas such as the forehead, cheeks, armpits and neck. This is known as chloasma- caused by the body making extra melanin that protects your skin against UV light. Women with darker skin complexion are more prone to this condition than those with a lighter skin tone. Here is how to get rid of dark neck after pregnancy:
- Reduce the hours you spend out in the sun. Being out in the sun will darken the patches making them more visible.
- Wear sunscreen with SPF of 15 or more and protective clothing whenever you go out.
- Use make up. Blend the dark neck patches with your general skin tone with a tinted foundation.
While you may be impatiently looking for how to get rid of dark neck during pregnancy, remember that chloasma usually fades within three months after birth. However, the dark neck patches persist in 1 out of 10 mums.
Using home natural remedies to get rid of neck darkness may a little tough. Be consistent and patient to achieve desired results. You make a combination of the above dark remedies for even faster results. Most of all, come up with a good and effective skin care routine to help remove dark neck. Treat, exfoliate and moisturize your neck just the same way you do on your face.
Rapid Home Remedies: 14 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Dark Neck
Enkivillage: How to Get Rid of Dark Neck
The Health Site: Have a Dark Neck? Lighten with These Treatments
My Health Tips: Some of the Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Neck
Caretricks: How to Get Rid of Dark Neck