Looking for effective ways of how to get rid of cysts? Just like acne, cysts are unsightly and may be painful. Most cysts will usually go away alone and do not require any treatment. For those unsightly fluid bumps, here is more on how to get rid of a cyst, fast naturally at home.
How to Get Rid of a Cyst
A sebaceous cyst is the bump that usually develops below the skin. They are also known as keratin cyst or the epidermoid cyst. They normally develop and disappear by themselves. Sebaceous cysts normally emerge due to the blockage of the sebaceous gland by a protein that is known as keratin. They may also be as a result of a swollen hair follicle.
Sebaceous cysts may have a very pungent smell and have a yellow clear oily liquid. Cysts may occur in any part of the body other than the palms and soles of the feet. They commonly appear on the head, face and the breasts. They may be very small or even large in size. It is important to note that sebaceous cysts are not harmful and are non-cancerous.
Cysts are not appealing. They drain out the foul-smelling cheesy liquid. Popping or squeezing cysts pose a risk of infection. It can also be very painful. Instead of popping or even squeezing of the sebaceous cyst, you may try some of the effective home remedies discussed below.
Sebaceous cysts are normally benign growths and you don’t require to treat them. The need to treat them arises when they grow to unsightly uncomfortable sizes. Sometimes it becomes important to get the cysts treated when they become very painful or infected.
It is important to note that these remedies usually help with sebaceous cysts that have already become infected. A normal sebaceous cyst will usually subside naturally. As long as it does not causes you any harm, just let it be.
What to do in case of Infected Cysts
Infected sebaceous cysts need medical attention. Symptoms that the cyst is infected may include the increase in body temperature in the body where you have the cyst, red streaks that are within the cyst and leakage of the very foul smelling fluid from it.
Doctors normally recommend application of warmth to the infected cysts. Sometimes they prescribe antibiotics. Surgery is usually the final treatment that is recommended for the cysts by the doctors.
Here are the remedies to help you get rid of non-infected and infected sebaceous cysts. This also gives much focus upon application of natural ingredients that contains anti-bacterial properties and any such other properties that reduce the swelling and all other discomforts caused by infections of cysts. You may already have some of these ingredients at home If not, they can be bought from most good stockists of essential oils or direct from Amazon.
1. How to get rid of a Cyst using Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a beneficial oil that has anti-inflammatory and also anti-bacterial properties that are helpful in healing of various health problems, like the acne, headache, cold, toenail fungus, etc. It is very useful for the sebaceous cyst also.
For the treatment of the sebaceous cyst, use some tea tree oil directly on it. It works as a protecting layer for the cyst and can fight against the infection of the bacteria. It can also reduce the reoccurrence of the sebaceous cyst.
When you suffer from over production of the sebum, you then get clogged pores that in turn lead to cystic acne. These severe cystic acne can get infected to form the cysts. Tea tree oil can assist to reduce the occurrence of the cysts.
Tea tree oil is a well-known anti-microbial agent that can have excellent anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial effects. Although there is no scientific support about the oil being effective in treating of the sebaceous cysts, you can use it for the infected cysts for its anti-bacterial properties.
You can apply diluted tea tree oil also. For this, you should mix tea tree oil and a carrier oil or the water in about 1:8 ratio. Use it directly on the cyst, at least three times a day.
2. How to get rid of a Cyst using Aloe Vera
This is one of the natural remedies that is used for sebaceous cyst. It has pain-relieving as well as healing properties. You need to apply aloe vera gel directly on the cyst. A cool feeling can be experienced when the aloe vera gel is used on the irritating cyst.
For removal of the impurities from the body, drink aloe vera juice on a regular basis.
Aloe vera has now been widely known as not only a skin-care herb but as a remedy that is good for the overall health. The anti-bacterial as well as the pain relieving properties of the aloe vera come to play when you want to get rid of the discomforts that is caused by the cysts.
This is due to the several phenolic compounds that are present in the aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is also known for its ability to speed up the process of wound healing.
- Aloe Vera leaf is cut in half using a knife.
- The gel is then applied directly on the affected area. There is absolutely no need to rinse unless you are very uncomfortable with it.
- You can also choose to brew the drink and take it to help cleanse your insides.
3. How to get rid of a Cyst using Castor Oil
Castor oil, when used for the sebaceous cysts, indicates very effective results. It does not only heal the inflamed cyst, but also helps to reduce itching. All you need to do is to soak the clean cloth in the castor oil and then place it directly on the infected cyst.
Now, place a hot water bag on the cloth that is placed on cyst and then compress for about half an hour. The heat of the water and the castor oil will assist in curing of the cyst easily by shrinking it. When the sebaceous cyst appears on the face or the back, you might try this method.
Note that it should never be consumed internally.
Castor oil may effectively counter the inflammation as well as the itching. This oil contains a chemical known as the ricin that provides it with the ant-bacterial properties. Even if the cyst is not infected, there seems to be no harm in use of the castor oil on it.
How to Use Castor Oil for Sebaceous Cyst
- Castor oil
- A clean piece of cloth
- Hot compress
- Get a clean cloth
- Soak it in castor oil
- Now place it on the cyst
- On top of the clean cloth piece, place the hot compress
- Hold it there for about 5 minutes, maximum for half an hour
Or just rub some of the castor oil gently over the cyst few times a day.
4. How to get rid of a Cyst using Witch Hazel
The astringent properties of the witch hazel assist it in healing sebaceous cyst very easily. The barks and leaves of the witch hazel are rich in tannins that remove extra oils from the skin and assist to tighten the pores.
- You may have to use a very little quantity of witch hazel gel or cream on the infecting cyst
- Let it soak into the skin
- You will notice that the size of the cyst reduce in 3-5 days
The extract of the witch hazel herb contains the reputation of being excellent astringent. Both the barks as well as the leaves of the witch hazel are a good source of tannins. Tannins are a known remedy for the excessive oil producing glands. They tighten the pores of the skin and have the secretion of oil so that an individual don’t get acne and the cysts.
5. How to get rid of a Cyst using Lugol’s Iodine
Lugol’s iodine, which is commonly found at various grocery stores, has been proven to be very effective cure for the sebaceous cyst.
- Use the solution on the infected area with the assistance of a cotton bud
- For better results, apply the solution at least twice or thrice a day
Note to keep the clothes away from the solution as they might easily get stained.
6. How to get rid of a Cyst using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very useful remedy for the treatment of the infected cyst completely at home. To do away with the pus from the inflamed cyst
- Cover the cyst with a clean piece of cloth soaked in natural vinegar
- After 3 or 4 days, get rid of the bandage
- A hard layer will then develop on the cyst
- As you do away the hard layer, pus oozes out
- Clean the pus and use a new bandage on it
- After about 3 days, remove the bandage to have a new skin
7. Black Blood Root Drawing Salve
Black blood root salve is a perfect natural product that pulls toxins direct to the surface of the skin. It contains no side-effects. Use some drawing salve on the affected region and then cover it using a clean bandage. After about two days, get rid the bandage. The cyst will then disappear completely.
8. Hot Compress
Hot compress is very useful for a lot of health issues, including the sebaceous cyst. If you require to cure the sebaceous cyst, practice the hot compress method. This remedy normally facilitates draining out pus or the thick liquid from cyst.
Be sure that you use a medium hot compress on the cyst. Too much heat can generate more infecting bacteria.
Moist heat that applied to sebaceous cysts speeds up the draining and even the healing process. Heat dilates the blood vessels and then improves the transportation of the nutrients to the affected area so that the damaged skin heals much faster. It also assists to improve blood circulation in the spot. The increased blood flow here then washes out any toxins that may be causing the inflammation.
What you need:
- A clean towel
- Warm water
- Soak a towel in the warm water
- Take it out and then wring out the excess water that is in it
- Apply the warm towel to the cyst for about 20 minutes. Don’t do it more than 25 minutes at a stretch
- Repeat about 4 times a day
9. How to get rid of a Cyst using Potassium Iodide
One of the very simple ways that you can use to treat sebaceous cyst is to apply potassium iodide on it. It is a simple and an infection-free remedy. Use some potassium iodide on the sebaceous cyst, about 3 times a day. It will then gradually cure the cysts.
10. Dandelion and Viola
Dandelion and viola assist in fighting off the bacteria that causes cysts. It assists in removal of the toxins from the body. For treating of the sebaceous cyst;
- Take exactly one bag of dandelion and the viola herbs mix
- Boil it in about 5 cups of water
- After boiling, simmer it for 30 minutes
- Drink the solution, multiple times a day
- For better results, drink the herbal solution for 14 days
You can also wash the infected cyst by the herbal solution.
11. Clay Tablet
Sebaceous cyst, stomach ache, etc. are some of the problems that may arise because of improper digestion. To clear up the impurities from the digestive system, a person should take clay tablets. You can have a positive result after having the clay tablets. After a few days, the cyst then shrinks and disappears easily, without the infection.
12. How to get rid of a Cyst using Bee Pollen
Bee pollen then acts as a natural blood purifier. It is very effective against the skin problems, like an acne, sebaceous cysts, etc. For healing cysts, you are needed to consume the bee pollen that consists of bee propolis, pollen, and royal jelly.
You can also consume bee pollen tablets or pills, which shrink the cysts and cure them easily.
13. Colloidal Silver
This is 99% pure silver. An antibiotic herb that reduces inflammation. It assists in stimulating of the lymphatic flow and then stop infection. Colloidal silver is also known for improving of the immune system and is very effective for healing sebaceous cyst.
14. How to get rid of a Cyst using Anti-Fungal Creams
Anti-fungal creams also work great on the severe and the painful cysts. To cure sebaceous cysts, use some of the anti-fungal cream directly on the infected area and then cover it using a clean piece of cloth or a bandage, if relevant. It helps in reducing of the inflammation and itching.
This herbal remedy is an awesome alternative to treat cyst. For improving of the digestion and purifying of the blood, you are needed to intake half teaspoon of the turmeric powder in one cup of the warm milk. To get better results, consume turmeric added milk for 7 days.
16. How to get rid of a Cyst using Epsom Salt
To draw out the infection, Epsom salt is an effective remedy. To cure the sebaceous cysts, you have to add some of the Epsom salt in the bathing water. Now, take a bath with the water. It will fight against the infecting bacteria, thus treating sebaceous cyst.
17. How to get rid of a Cyst using Honey
Honey is a known wound dresser. For the treatment of the sebaceous cyst, you are required to prepare a poultice. Put the wheatgrass or even a plantain in the blender and then blend it. Add some honey in the paste and then mix it well.
Now, apply it on the cyst and then cover it using a clean cloth. Leave it overnight. You will then notice positive results.
It seems that people are only aware that honey is all natural and can be a great alternative to the sugar to sweeten some of the food items. Aside from this fact, honey can also be applied to assist fight cystic acne. Honey is normally considered to be a natural antiseptic and can also help exfoliate the skin perfectly well.
- Use the honey on the affected part of the skin.
- Leave the honey and then wait for it to dry in about 30 minutes.
- Rinse using warm water.
18. Red Clover for Sebaceous Cyst
Red clover is a very popular herb among several herbalists who basically use it as a natural “blood purifier.” Most of the alternative medicine systems also believe that toxins that are found in the blood are the main cause behind most of the illnesses and the skin diseases are no exception.
Researchers are now underway to find out the suitability of the red clover in treating of even cancer. Red clover is used for treatment of acne, psoriasis, and other skin diseases including the cyst as it is believed to make the body get rid of toxic build up that give rise to cysts as well as the tumors.
The components of the red clover like phytoestrogenic isoflavones are said to make the herb an excellent natural remedies for the skin and other medical conditions.
19. How to get rid of a Cyst using Baking Soda
A lot of people are not aware that aside from being a perfect alternative to the toothpaste, baking soda has a lot of antiseptic properties that might help get rid of the cystic acne. Aside from this, the baking soda might also be used so as to get rid of the harmful bacteria that can be found on the skin.
- Use a tablespoon of baking soda and then mix it in with a little bit of water.
- Add some of the sea salt on the baking soda and some water mixture.
- Place the mixture on the affected area and leave on the skin for about half an hour.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water afterwards.
Homeopathic Remedies for Sebaceous Cyst
Homeopathic remedies are as effective as the natural home remedies. The best part of this homeopathic medications is that they don’t have any of the side-effects. Some of the important homeopathic remedies for the sebaceous cyst are:
- Baryta carbonica
- Nitric acid
- Ammonium carbonicum
- Hepar sulphuris
- Kali carbonicum
- Thuja occidentalis
Though sebaceous cysts are very harmless and also non-cancerous, but it might be prevented. No one ever wishes to see a sebaceous cyst on the body. In order to prevent the sebaceous cyst from getting more severe, go through the easy steps:
- Use a topical cream to lessen the risk of infection and then inflammation.
- Try antibiotic herbs that stimulate lymphatic flow and also boost the immune system.
- To purify the blood, consume natural herbs, dandelion or garlic.
- Take a nutritious diet that is rich in vitamins.
- Drink plenty of water so as to drain wastage from the body.
- Let the cyst drain out much naturally. Don’t scratch or even squeeze it.
- Wash and clean the surrounding area using an anti-bacterial soap.
- Visit a doctor if the cyst becomes painful
- When the sebaceous cyst happens on the breast, consume more fibres. If it grows much larger, consult the doctor immediately.
- Consume the citrus fruits, whole grains, antioxidant rich vegetables and the fruits and the dark leafy vegetables to get rid of toxins from the body and then strengthen the immune system.
Dealing with Facial Cysts at initial stages
Decide if medical intervention is necessary. Facial cysts, medically known as sebaceous cysts, can be very annoying and unsightly but they don’t necessarily need the medical intervention. If the cyst is not very painful, it may be best to leave it alone to avoid the complications having it removed. However, you should ensure to see a doctor if any of the following develop:
- Facial cysts are usually very small, round lumps just are under the skin. They may be black, reddish or even yellowish, and release foul-smelling discharge. Cysts are normally more painful than other skin conditions, such as the pimples.
- If the cyst ruptures, they may lead to a potentially dangerous boil-like infection. Prompt treatment and removal is needed.
- Pain and swelling may be a sign of infection. Ensure to see a doctor to get the cyst extracted and get the proper antibiotics.
- In very rare cases, a cyst might also lead to skin cancer. During the regular annual doctor’s exam, ask the doctor to look at the cyst and determine if it has a risk for cancer.
Ask your doctor for an injection. If the cyst is much infected or painful, the doctor might inject the cyst using a medication. While this will not fully get rid of the cyst, it can reduce the redness and swelling. This might make the cyst less noticeable.
Have the cyst drained. If the cyst grows more significantly or even becomes painful and uncomfortable, then you can have it medically extracted. The cyst can be cut open and then drained by the doctor.
- A small incision will be made on the cyst. The fluid will then gently be drained out. The procedure is fairly quick and usually not painful.
- The major downside to the method is that cysts normally reoccur after being lanced and drained.
Surgery to Get Rid of Cysts
The only way to fully get rid of a cyst is through surgery. Talk to the doctor about undergoing surgery if you want a cyst done away with.
- Cyst extraction surgery is minor. It does not take long and recovery time is relatively short. However, you may have to return to the doctor’s office after the surgery to get rid of any stitches.
- Surgery is safer and normally prevents cysts from occurring. However, the cysts do not normally pose a medical threat. Thus it may be difficult to get surgery covered by the insurance.
- Home Remedies for Sebaceous Cyst: http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/remedies-for-sebaceous-cyst.html
- How To Get Rid of Cystic Acne With These 5 Simple, Completely Natural Tips That Really, Truly Work: http://www.bustle.com/articles/36859-how-to-get-rid-of-cystic-acne-with-these-5-simple-completely-natural-tips-that-really
- 10 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cystic Acne Fast: http://naturalremedyideas.com/cystic-acne/
- 4 Steps to Getting Rid of a Cystic Pimple, Fast: http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2015/07/get-rid-of-cystic-acne-fast.html
- 17 Home Remedies for Sebaceous Cyst: http://homeremedyshop.com/17-home-remedies-for-sebaceous-cyst/
- How to Get Rid of a Cyst: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-a-Cyst