Looking for how to bleach leg hair naturally, at home? Use natural remedies such lemon, hydrogen peroxide and milk to lighten and soften dark coarse leg hair. Learn more on how to use hair bleaching cream to lighten leg hair at home.
Why Bleaching Leg Hair is Better
- Why Bleaching Leg Hair is Better
- How to Lighten Leg Hair with Lemon Juice
- How to Bleach Leg Hair with Hydrogen Peroxide
- Bleaching Leg Hair At Home with Cream
- How to Make Leg Hair less Noticeable- Naturally
Not many people like to shave or wax their leg hair. While shaving or waxing are faster ways of removing unwanted hair, doing it too regularly makes hair grow faster and thicker. This also comes with side effects like, pain, dark skin and shaving bumps. Lightening leg hair is a natural, painless and inexpensive way of making it softer and less noticeable. It also helps to make hair softer and get rid of it with time. Some of these methods even help to slow down leg hair growth. Here is how to lighten leg hair at home, naturally.
How to Lighten Leg Hair with Lemon Juice
Does lemon juice lighten leg hair? Using lemon to bleach leg hair is a common practice. It is a safe and easy remedy. Due to its acidic nature, lemon juice has long been used as a natural way to lighten leg hair. How to lighten leg hair with lemon juice,
- Squeeze enough lemon into a bowl
- Use a cotton swab to apply the fresh lemon juice to your leg hair
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water
Alternatively, you can take half a slice of lemon and gently rub it onto your legs to bleach hair. It also helps to exfoliate skin.
It is important to note that lemon is mildly acidic in nature. The process of bleaching leg hair using lemon is gradual. This means that you need several applications to get a significant results. How soon you get the results depends on how thick and dark your leg hair is.
Discontinue application if you experience redness and skin irritation. DO NOT apply lemon juice to open skin or cuts.
Lemon Juice and Sugar to Lighten Leg Hair
A combination of sugar and lemon juice will help to exfoliate skin and lighten leg hair. While lemon juice lightens the color of hair, sugar rubs on the hairs making them softer and weaker. This will help to remove the unwanted hair with time.
- Mix some sugar and water in a bowl
- Add lemon juice into the solution and mix well
- Apply the mixture on your legs in the direction of hair growth
- Give it 20-30 minutes
- Rub gently with your hands for 5 minutes then wash off with warm water
- Do this three times a week for little less noticeable leg hair
If lemon is used in excess to bleach leg hair, it can dry out your skin. It is for this reason that you should always remember to moisturize your skin before and after bleaching leg hair with lemon juice.
Lemon Juice and Honey
Honey adds a moisturizing aspect to this remedy. It forms a tight mask as it dries on the skin. This will help to moisturize, soften and gradually pull out the unwanted hairs.
- Mix one tablespoon each of lemon and honey
- Apply it on your legs and leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Scrub lightly and rinse out with warm water
Lime juice can also be used in the same way.
How to Bleach Leg Hair with Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best ways to lighten leg hair. It is a cheap, easy alternative for bleaching leg hair. Here is how to bleach leg hair with hydrogen peroxide:
- In a bowl, add ¼ cup of 6% hydrogen peroxide
- Add in several drops of lemon juice and ½ tablespoon of ammonia
- Mix the contents and apply to the legs
- After 5 minutes, wash off with cool water
- Repeat this procedure several times a week until you achieve the desired effects
Hydrogen peroxide can be very harsh on the skin and to some it may trigger allergic reactions. It is recommended that you do a small patch test on your legs to test for allergies.
Bleaching Leg Hair At Home with Cream
There are many hair lightening creams that can be used to lighten leg hair. These creams are not only effective, they are also gentle on the skin. Hair bleaching creams are also made in different strengths to match the different areas of the body. The kind of cream you need to remove facial hair may not be as effective for leg, stomach hair or back hair.
Also removing body hair from areas such as the face requires the mildest of formulations. Sally Hansen crème. It has different products that can be safely used to lighten hair on arms, legs and the face.
Bleaching leg hair at home with cream is very effective. Note however, that the results are not permanent. One has to reapply the creams every 6-8 weeks to maintain the newly achieved hair color.
- Wash and pat dry the legs
- Do a patch test the apply as instructed on the packaging
- Give it time as directed
- Wash off with lukewarm water making sure that none is left on your legs.
- Do not use soap for the next 4 hours
Note that the time it takes for the cream to lighten hair depends on the texture and thickness of your hair. Coarse hair takes a longer time to achieve the desired effects. Do not expose your skin in the sun as soon as you are done lightening hair with cream. If you have sensitive skin, opt for natural methods of bleaching leg hair.
With many hair lightening creams in the market, it is best to stick to one familiar brand to avoid those with harmful chemicals. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter to avoid unwanted results.
How to Make Leg Hair less Noticeable- Naturally
Natural methods of bleaching leg hair held to lighten dark hair and soften it. For some people bleaching with creams, hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice may be a little too harsh on the skin. Natural ingredients such as milk will lighten hair color and also soothe the skin. Here is how to make leg hair less noticeable naturally.
Milk to Lighten Leg Hair
This is a common recipe for healthy radiant skin. Other than smoothing out wrinkles, milk can also be used to lighten unwanted body hair making it less noticeable.
- You can simply dab a cotton wool in cool un-boiled milk or cream and apply it to the legs. Allow it to dry then wash off with warm water. Do this once every day until you get desired results.
- Fill in a bathtub with milk as much as you can. Soak and wash in the milk for as long as you can. Do this once weekly- you should be able to get results a month.
You can also use milk and papaya paste to lighten leg hair.
Brazilian Golden Shower to Bleach Leg Hair
I first learnt about the Brazilian golden shower through Jessica Simpson’s The Price of Beauty. Brazilian women do not shave unwanted body hair but rather bleach it to a golden color that is less noticeable. A yellow/gold cream is applied to the area of the body that you want to bleach hair while you sit in the sun- this is because the cream is activated by the sun. You will find most Brazilian women with this bleach cream at the beach.
Sit in the sun for about half an hour and then wash off by jumping into the ocean or pool. The cream also stings a little. Once you start to feel the sting then you know it is time to jump into the pool. This will make your hair less noticeable with golden highlights in the sun. The golden hairs give a god contrast with dark or tanned skin.
It is important to always have in mind that leg hair bleaching will not work the same for everyone. Some of these methods may have to be used several times to get the desired results.