Butt acne is not only annoying, it may be painful and hurt when you sit. Here is how to get rid of butt acne fast and naturally with home remedies. Learn more on what you can do to prevent those annoying bum pimples.
Pimples on buttocks commonly known as buttne occur on the skin around the glutes. According to Debra Jaliman, a dermatologist in New York City, these pimples are formed by dead skin, oil and bacteria in follicles of the hair. It may be caused by infection from bacteria, yeast, and fungus. The infection causes irritation of hair follicles and sometimes block the follicles too.
Butt acne may happen for two reasons:
Folliculitis– It is the inflammation of hair follicles. May be due to friction or bacterial infections. Butt acne due to folliculitis are small bumps on the surface of the skin. They have pus-like fluid.
Carbuncles/ Boils are more of a cyst. They happen when folliculitis gets out of control. They are deep-seated and more painful compared to folliculitis.
How to get Rid of Butt Acne Fast
There are four ways you can use to get rid of butt acne;
Benzoyl Peroxide Body Wash
According to Jaliman, using a body wash which has benzoyl peroxide is very effective in removing butt acne. It effectively helps to get rid of folliculitis. Benzoyl peroxide dries up and peels off the skin clogging hair follicles on the skin.
Do not pop or Pick Pimples on Buttocks
It will only make them worse and may result in scar formation.
Use Salicylic Acid Pads
Use salicylic acid to open up pores on the skin. Rub it on the skin for four times a week to get a bump free butt.
Use a Lotion With Lactic Acid
Some moisturizing body lotions contain lactic acid which acts as an exfoliator for dead skin cells.
Shower after Sweating
Wearing sweaty clothes after a workout may lead to the development of butt bumps. These clothes can harbor bacteria which easily make the skin acne prone. Get off sweaty clothes and take a shower as soon as possible.
Consult a Dermatologist
He may prescribe treatment and procedures such as laser treatment to get rid of butt treatment permanently.
Get rid of butt Pimples Naturally, Home Remedies
People Prone to pimples on their face may also develop pimples on their butt. Research shows that the butt is the third hottest part of the body. Therefore, bacteria and germs can easily grow around this area.
This causes the skin to break and develop acne and pimples. There are safe home remedies which you can use to treat butt pimples effectively. Seek help from a dermatologist if the problem is uncontrollable. They include;
- Mix carrot juice and fresh lemon juice
- Leave it for about 10 minutes to dry on the skin
- Rinse off with Luke warm water
How to get rid of Butt Acne using Ice cubes
Ice is known to reduce swelling in the body and therefore, it is important to treat acne as well.
- Put few ice cubes on a towel and press it on butt acne for 10-15 minutes
- The cooling effect brings down the redness and swelling
Use Toothpaste to get rid of Pimples on the Buttocks
Toothpaste is one of the best home remedies for pimples on the buttocks. It gets rid of excess oil on the skin and kills acne causing bacteria.
- Apply a thin layer of toothpaste on the acne
- Let it on for a few minutes to dry
- Rinse off with warm water
Toothpaste may have a drying effect on the skin. It is ideal for spot treatment. DO NOT use it to get rid of bum acne on large areas of skin
Tea tree oil for Acne on Buttocks
Tea tree oil is a top zit-busting home remedy. It possesses antibacterial properties that act as an antiseptic. This way, it effectively kills acne causing bacteria.
It works well on Blackheads, Whiteheads, and other blemishes. Since it is very potent, it is advisable to dilute it with a few drops of olive oil before using it on your skin.
Tea tree is safe on skin but should never be consumed.
There are a million ways is which coconut can benefit your skin. Zit Zapping is one of them. Coconut oil contains Capric acid and Lauric acid which are naturally anti-microbial. It kills bacteria and neutralizes any inflammations. This property is what makes ideal for treating butt acne.
While this may sound like an oily mess, drying up your skin to get rid of acne won’t work either. Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your skin to promote healthy skin. It is also best to not use this remedy on a daily basis.
Coconut oil can be used internally or externally for maximum benefits. Choose high quality refined Virgin coconut oil to get rid of butt acne.
Note that this remedy should not be used as the sole treatment for butt acne. Different results may be experienced for different people depending on a number of factors such as skin type.
How to Use Oatmeal for Pimples on Buttocks and Thighs
Oatmeal is widely used to treat acne and to cure inflammation. It can be effectively used as a mask (for your butt) and for exfoliation to rejuvenate skin.
Oatmeal mask for Buttne
- Cook one serving of oatmeal
- Add in two tablespoons of Manuka honey
- Allow it to cool
- Apply this paste over your bum and leave for 30 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry
Oatmeal Scrub for Pimples on Buttocks
- Add warm water to uncooked oatmeal- just to make it damp
- Apply this onto your bum
- Use your fingers or soft washcloth to smooth it over your buttocks
- Rub gently in circular motions
- Rinse of warm water and pat dry
Note: Exfoliation should not be used to get rid of active pimples. It is will only pop them and leave you with unsightly scars. Incorporate oatmeal scrub into your beauty regimen if your skin is prone to breakouts.
Turmeric and Sandalwood to get rid of Buttne
Make a turmeric and sandalwood mask if your butt is prone to getting acne breakouts.
- Mix equal proportions of turmeric and sandalwood
- Add in some water or curd to make a paste
- Apply the paste gently on affected area and let it be for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water, pat dry and apply moisturizer
Garlic is an excellent remedy to get rid of butt pimples. Gently rub raw garlic gently on your bum. Do this process three to four times a week for best results.
Aspirin for Butt Acne Scars
- Crush 4 to 5 uncoated aspirins
- Add in enough water to make a smooth paste
- Add some honey, olive oil or yogurt for best results
- Apply this mask thinly on your butt and allow it to dry
- Rinse off with warm water
Aspirin is a great remedy for ingrown hairs as well. It not only get rid of acne but also diminishes scars. How about acne free, fairer butt?
How to Prevent Butt Acne.
- Maintaining good hygiene is a great way to prevent many disease processes. Taking a shower is one way to maintain health, this is because bacteria which causes acne feed on sebum which makes them grow fast in the skin. You should always take a shower especially after you sweat so as to keep clean and fresh.
- Exfoliating is very important since as it helps to open up the skin. Some of the natural exfoliators you can use are ground sugar and dried orange peels. After exfoliating, use body lotions which are non -comedogenic as they do not clog skin pores.
- Some soaps have strong chemicals which may cause an allergic reaction and irritation when they come in contact with the skin. Therefore avoid using strongly scented soaps when you have butt acne.
- Avoid heavy lotions that can easily clog pores.
- It is important for you to eat a healthy diet with lots of greens and low-fat food. Occasionally, detoxify your body by drinking fresh juice. Water is also important so drink at least eight glasses per day so as to keep your body hydrated. Eat food which can supply your body with vitamin A, B5, C, and E.
- Wear clean loose fitting undergarments. They allow circulation of air as compared to the tight ones. Clothes made of cotton will absorb sweat and moisture making sure your skin is dry all the time. Bacteria thrive in moist places.
- Sitting down for long can also cause acne. This is because you trap heat and moisture from sweat making your butt suitable for bacterial growth. It causes pimples and itchiness.
- Use fragrance-free toilet paper
Check Out this Video on How to get Rid of Butt Acne
Butt acne is way more common that you’d expect. The area around the butt is almost always clothed. This makes it difficult to get rid of acne and other skin problems around the butt area. Our remedies are proven and will help to shrink or clear buttne fast. Remember that prevention is always better than cure!