Is there anything you can do to make stomach hair less noticeable? Unwanted body hair can be very embarrassing whether you are a man or a woman. It can be anything from small fine hair to long dark and coarse hair. While there are many things we can do to make this hair less noticeable, some of these methods do not offer long term results. Below are some of the ways you can naturally lighten or bleach stomach hair at home using basic things like lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide.
Both men and women have fine vellus hair in the abdominal region. Belly hair is more common in men than in women. After puberty, due to the increase of androgens, this hair begins to grow longer, coarser and darker. According to Wikipedia, some women can develop a small line of hair from the pubic area up to the belly button. This excessive abdominal hair growth in women following the male pattern can be termed as hirsutism.
Excess body hair or hirsutism especially in women can be an aesthetic problem that calls for lots of attention. It’s now common to spot women with hair growing in places such as the upper lip, chin, legs and the belly. While most women choose shaving as a hair removal method, it is actually preferable to make hair less noticeable by lightening it rather than go through the process of having to shave it from time to time. I have personally battled with excess body hair and since I began shaving my legs in high school, I soon grew tired of having to do it after every few days and just found a way of dealing with it.
How to Bleach Stomach Hair at Home
Bleaching stomach hair is one of the safest, effective and most convenient ways of making unwanted hair less noticeable. Bleaching cream is sold commercially and it is specially prepared for this purpose. It comes with a set of simple instructions that make it quite easy to use.
Here is how to bleach stomach hair at home using bleaching cream
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions
- Wash the area with mild soap and water and dry it well
- Do a patch test on a small area to rule out any allergies
- Mix the components of the bleaching cream as directed
- Apply the hair to your belly using a spatula and leave it on the skin for 5-7 minutes.
- Slowly remove the bleach with an absorbent fabric
- Wash your stomach with cold water.
Caution and Warnings
- You should not leave bleaching cream on your skin for more than 10 minutes
- Use bleach in a well aired room especially if you are pregnant since bleach can have a strong smell that can make you a little uneasy
- Do not use strong soaps for at least 8 hours after bleaching hair on your stomach
- Avoid the sun immediately after bleaching belly hair
- Do not use bleach on broken, irritated or recently exfoliated skin
- Do not apply bleaching skin on sensitive areas such as the groin
- If there is any irritation, stop using the bleach immediately
Note that, the effect of stomach hair bleach is temporary. You may have to use bleach after several weeks since new dark stomach hairs will sprout after a short while. Bleaching stomach hair is an effective method if the hairs are not too long or too thick.To reduce exposure and the risk of any side effects, it is recommended that you use bleach on to lighten belly hair once a month.
Can You Bleach Your Stomach Hair While Pregnant
Is it safe to bleach your belly? There is no evidence that bleaching stomach hair is in any way dangerous or can harm your baby in any way during pregnancy. Most bleaching products contain dilute hydrogen peroxide and ammonia whose skin absorption is relatively minimal. When you use bleach to lighten your stomach hair, the amount that is absorbed does not find its way to the system or to the baby since the chemical components are broken down very fast.
But if you really are concerned about your exposure to bleach there are things you can do to reduce the risks. Take a cold shower before bleaching- in other words, you should not bleach your belly hair after a hot shower. A cold shower closes up pores and restricts the amounts of bleach that is absorbed through the skin. Wear gloves and use minimal bleach or limit the time that the product stays on your skin.
If you have sensitive skin type, t is best to stick to natural methods of bleaching belly button hair since they have no chemicals.
How to Lighten Your Stomach Hair Naturally
Commercial bleaching creams have chemical ingredients that may be harmful or a little too harsh causing irritation and sensitivity on some people. Thankfully, there are natural methods you can lighten belly hair without the risk of such effects that also comes with added benefits such as softer skin. If you are looking for how to lighten your stomach hair naturally, try one of the methods below;
Bleach Stomach Hair with Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is the one of the common housed ingredients that is safely used to bleach body hair. It is the safest and most effective natural bleach- is made of hydrogen and water; how natural can it get? It is also cheap and easily available. Here is how to bleach stomach hair with hydrogen peroxide
- Mix 3% hydrogen peroxide with water in the ratio of 1:1
- Do a patch test on your skin to determine any allergies
- Soak a cotton swab in the dilute hydrogen peroxide and apply gently on the hair that you intend to bleach
- Allow the hydrogen peroxide mixture to stay on your skin for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly to remove any traces of hydrogen peroxide from your skin
- Follow up with a nourishing cream
Be careful not to leave the hydrogen peroxide on your skin for too long- it might cause burning and bleach the hair more than you intended. It is normal to feel a tingling sensation while the hair is lightening. However, if you experience severe burning and itching, remove the product immediately and rinse with cool water. For those with super sensitive skin, try more subtle natural methods of lightening stomach hair like the use of lemon juice.
Bleaching Stomach Hair with Lemon Juice
Lightening body hair with lemon juice is another common natural practice of making hair less noticeable. Depending on how thick and dark your hair is, the results might not be as visible with the first application. It may take several applications for you to begin to see a change- the change is gradual.
To bleach stomach hair with lemon, you can use bottled or organic lemon juice but freshly squeezed lemon is always the best.
- Mix lemon and water in equal parts. This reduces the acidity and minimize the drying effect of lemon juice
- Apply this mixture to your stomach and allow it to sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
- Do this three to four times a week for better results
It is advisable to moisturize your skin after using lemon to lighten stomach hair. This is because lemon is a little too harsh and can leave your skin feeling dry.